If you’re not trying to sell back-end products to your customers, you’re making a big mistake. It is easier to sell to existing customers than it is to sell to new ones who don’t trust your business yet.
Below are ten killer strategies you can use to sell your back-end products to your existing customers:
- When you ship people the first product they bought, insert a flyer or brochure for your back-end product in the package.
- Give customers a free subscription to a customers only e-zine when they buy your product. You could include your ad for your back-end product in each issue.
- Send your customers greeting cards on holidays or on their birthday. Include a small advertisement inside the card for your back-end product.
- After people order your first product from your web site, take them to a “thank you” web page and include your back-end product ad on that page.
- Send customers a free surprise gift after they order your first product. You could attach another ad with the free gift for your back-end product.
- If you’re selling an electronic product, like an ebook, include your ad for your back-end product somewhere inside the electronic product.
- Give your customers a free membership into your “customers only” private site. You could include your ad for your back-end product somewhere inside the private site.
- Contact your customers by phone and ask them if they were happy with their purchase. You could tell them about your back-end product.
- Send your customers a thank you letter by mail or e-mail. You could mention your back-end product somewhere on the letter.
- Ask your customers if they want to be updated in the future when you have new product offers. You could have them sign up to receive e-mail or snail mail updates.
Your business will have a greater chance of surviving when you attempt to sell back-end products to your existing customers.